Angel Porch of Art and Soul Photography provides creative photography with a modern twist. Serving the Oklahoma City Metro and surrounding areas with maternity, newborn, children, family, senior, engagement, bridal, and wedding photography.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Paint the Park Community Service Project!

Just around the corner is the Paint the Park Community Service Project that I am in charge of putting together. I told Dusty just over a year ago that I would organise this fun event (after I was done being preggo) and that time is here! Bumpass Park, located north of Britton on Penn is the park waiting for a makeover! The calls are being made, stores are helping out, and painters are volunteering. At this point we have just over 50 people that have said they will participate in the project. Our date for this event is Saturday April 12th - if we get rained out we will continue the project on Sunday 13th. The project will include - painting playground equipment, planting a flower garden, and building a small gazebo. All materials will be donated from the wonderful store owners in The Village. We plan on ordering "Paint the Park" shirts for everyone to wear...so please let me know if you are interested in helping with the project and I will see to it that everyone has a shirt. This is a wonderful project for the whole family!! We hope that after the completion of this project we can continue to restore a park each year. We can work together to make our city beautiful - lets do it! (If you know of any vendors that would like to donate supplies, please contact me)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds so cool!! I wish I could be there, I definitely hope to get to see pictures before and once it's over!

Anonymous said...

you know you can count me in!
and danny and meg for sure.. and im sure a million other people

Angel Porch of Art and Soul Photography Serves the Oklahoma City Metro and surrounding areas with contemporary style maternity, newborn, children, family, senior, engagement and wedding photography.