Angel Porch of Art and Soul Photography provides creative photography with a modern twist. Serving the Oklahoma City Metro and surrounding areas with maternity, newborn, children, family, senior, engagement, bridal, and wedding photography.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

doing what you love...

It was so nice after the last show was over to kick back and paint for me...Do some work that I always want to try, but never get the chance to. My AP art class is working on a series of 12 pieces for the portfolio called a "concentration" I decided I would try one with them. Working on layers/texture and a technique of dry brush painting I have 7 pieces that I love. Put them up in my living room to see how I liked them all together and get inspiration for the next five I will complete. I still love to challenge myself as a painter and try new ideas. You should see some of my student's works - they amaze me everyday! Love working side by side them and bouncing creativity off of each other. Some fun shoots coming up this week - my fellow art teacher and wonderful friend Krista and her family - and an anniversary shoot I am dying to take...Can't wait!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah concentrations!

i love these so much.

Anonymous said...

This is why I need to be in school again... All creativity is lost-all ideas for projects, gone. I do nothing...and then I try-and stop halfway. Lucky you have kids, and the environment to push you to keep going. You're the most amazing artist I have ever known-whose work inspires me to try.

Angel Porch of Art and Soul Photography Serves the Oklahoma City Metro and surrounding areas with contemporary style maternity, newborn, children, family, senior, engagement and wedding photography.